IPWEA NSW Manager, Roads and Transport Directorate
Mick Savage has been IPWEA’s Manager, Roads and Transport Directorate, since October 2004.
He graduated as a Civil Engineer from UNSW in 1975 and commenced his professional career at Griffith City Council. He has worked in Local Government for more than 35 years, including 27 years with Randwick City Council.
His Local Government career includes chapters with responsibility for:
- Road design
- Pavement design
- Contract and specification preparation
- Traffic engineering including chairing of the Local Traffic Committee
- Road construction and maintenance
- Maintenance of recreation facilities including beaches and playing fields
- Street and sports field lighting and
- Project Management
Mick holds Masters Degrees in Engineering Science and Commerce. His major professional interests include asset management, financial reporting and transport planning.